(FORT WORTH, TX – Aug. 20, 2020) –Supporters are already lining up to support the Fort Worth Transportation Authority’s Scholarship Fund for 2021. Traditionally, the scholarship money is generated from Trinity Metro’s annual golf tournament. This year, the event was canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For 35 years, the agency has provided scholarship opportunities for transportation employees and their dependents. In 2020, 23 deserving students received scholarship funds to help them advance their higher education pursuits.
The fundraising goal for 2021 is $25,000, and several sponsors have already pledged their support.
- Ryan Erickson with Trillium, $1,325
- David Campbell with Huitt-Zollars, undisclosed amount
- Sarah Mobley with RATP Dev, $2,500
- Brent Roy with Creative Bus Sales, $500
- Christina Cung with Fidelity, $1,325
- Richard Blackburn, $100
- Dan Fritz and James Foster with McMahon Berger, $1,325
- Richard Blackburn with Trapeze, $925
- Chad Gartner with Transystems Corporation, $500
A special thanks to all of the donors! Without the generosity of donors, Trinity Metro would not be able to continue providing scholarship funds for employees and their dependents. If you would like to contribute to the scholarship fund, contact Christina Champion at Christina.Champion@RideTM.org.