Updated Aug. 31
Tarrant County face mask ordinance from 6 p.m. June 26 through Nov. 30 issued amid rise in COVID-19 cases.
Trinity Metro’s response
The safety of our employees, customers and community is top priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, precautions have been implemented to safeguard the health of everyone. This includes enhanced cleaning protocols encompassing increased frequency of disinfecting high-touch areas on vehicles and across facilities, reducing vehicle capacity to promote social distancing, and by installing transparent barriers on board fixed route vehicles to separate bus operators from customers who are boarding and paying fares. Trinity Metro will require all employees and customers to wear face masks, covering their nose and mouth, to help prevent the spread of coronavirus, beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, June 26.
Trinity Metro’s Health and Safety Policy
- All employees must wear a face mask, either cloth or disposable, at all times while on company property or in a company vehicle when more than one person is either in the same room or in the same vehicle.
- All employees must wear a face mask when in a facility’s common areas such as hallways and break rooms where it may be possible to encounter others.
- Failure to comply with this policy by Trinity Metro employees will lead to disciplinary action.
- All Trinity Metro customers must also comply by wearing face masks when traveling on board vehicles including fixed route buses, Trinity Metro TEXRail, Trinity Metro ACCESS, Trinity Metro ZIPZONE, and while on Trinity Metro property.
- Failure to comply with this policy by Trinity Metro customers will lead to refusal of services and/or communication with security or law enforcement officers.
- For both employees and customers the requirement of a face covering does not apply if covering the nose and mouth poses a significant mental or physical health risk to the individual.
- The requirement of a face covering also does not apply when an individual is consuming a food or beverage or receiving a service where the wearing of a mask would impair the performance on the service.
- Trinity Metro employees and customers should also continue to practice social distancing.
- Employees should not work within six (6) feet of one another, except to the extent necessary to provide services.
- Customers should maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals outside their household. This includes while on Trinity Metro property or on board Trinity Metro vehicles.
Availability of face masks
Trinity Metro customers in need of face masks should see the customer care representatives at the ticket sales kiosk at Fort Worth Central Station. Trinity Metro ENVOY and operations staff will also be available throughout the system for those in need of face masks.