(FORT WORTH, TX – Oct. 18, 2022) — Trinity Metro’s on-demand shared ride service, ZIPZONE, has recently expanded its service zones to provide more flexible transit coverage – just in time for fall.
To celebrate the newly added Southeast ZIPZONE and the newly expanded Southside ZIPZONE, the following promotions have been announced:
- New riders in any of the five ZIPZONE service zones can get their first two rides free this fall by using the promo code
- All riders can get unlimited free rides in the Southeast ZIPZONE through Nov. 30, 2022 – it will be automatically applied.
- All riders can get a free ride to Tarrant County voting sites from Oct. 24-Nov. 4 and on Nov. 8 – it will be automatically applied.
With ZIPZONE, riders can enjoy convenient, flexible transportation to both essential and leisure destinations in Tarrant County. Book an on-demand ride to:
- See the new autumn blooms at The Fort Worth Botanical Garden, visit the Fort Worth Zoo for the Halloween-themed “Boo at the Zoo,” or commute to Texas Christian University (TCU) and Texas Wesleyan University in the Southside ZIPZONE.
- Take a swing at The Golf Club at Fossil Creek or catch a ride to TEXRail’s Mercantile Center Station in the Mercantile ZIPZONE.
- Enjoy an outing at the TX Whiskey Ranch, or visit both local-owned and big-box stores in the Southeast ZIPZONE.
- Get started on your holiday shopping at Gateway Station or commute to two Tarrant County College campuses when you travel in the South Tarrant ZIPZONE.
Since launching the Mercantile ZIPZONE in July 2019, ZIPZONE has provided nearly 90,000 rides to residents, workers, students, and visitors in the Fort Worth area.
ZIPZONE allows anyone in the service zones to book a shared ride at a moment’s notice through the ZIPZONE app (available in the Google Play and App Store) or by calling 817-215-8600. ZIPZONE is powered by Via, the global leader in TransitTech. Via’s algorithms direct passengers to a nearby “virtual bus stop” within a short walking distance for pick up and drop off, allowing for quick and efficient shared trips.
How to ride with the ZIPZONE app:
- Create an account. Download ZIPZONE from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple sign-up steps.
- Set up a payment method.
- Note: if you are paying with your Trinity Metro multi-ride local and regional ticket option, select the “Ticket” button in the bottom left corner of the app and present your ticket to your driver.
- Request a ride. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
- Meet your driver. Check the app and walk a short distance to your pick up spot.
For more information on hours and more, please visit https://ridetrinitymetro.org/rider-services/zipzone
About Trinity Metro
Trinity Metro is a regional transportation system that provides public transportation to meet the mobility needs in Tarrant County. The agency offers connections throughout the North Central Texas region, providing passenger trips on buses, TEXRail, ACCESS paratransit, ZIPZONEs, Fort Worth Bike Sharing, vanpools and Trinity Railway Express (TRE), a 34-mile commuter rail line jointly owned and operated with Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Trinity Metro is the sole owner and operator of TEXRail, a 27-mile commuter rail line that runs between downtown Fort Worth and Dallas Fort Worth International Airport’s Terminal B.
Founded in 2012, Via pioneered the TransitTech category by using new technologies to develop public mobility systems — optimizing networks of buses, shuttles, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles around the globe. Building the world’s most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all riders — including those with limited mobility, those without smartphones, and unbanked populations — Via works with its partners to lower the costs of public transit while providing transportation options that rival the convenience of a personal car while reducing the environmental impact. At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, providing technology in 600 communities and more than 35 countries and counting.
For further information about Via, go to www.ridewithvia.com.