Trinity Metro – Quarterly Newsletter – April 1, 2018
TEXRail Safety Tip – Tracks Are For Trains
Rail Safety Tips
• The area around railroad tracks is private property. Standing on or near tracks is dangerous – and illegal.
• Trains can be at least three feet wider than the tracks. Anyone or anything in that area could be in harm’s way.
• Stay alert around railroad tracks. Some trains are very quiet and you won’t hear them coming. Using earbuds or texting can be a deadly distraction.
• Trains can come at any time on any track from any direction. It is never safe to walk on train tracks.
• Never assume a train can stop quickly. A freight train takes a mile to stop. That’s the same distance as 18 football fields.
• Trains move very quickly. The one way to stay safe is to never be on the tracks.
• Even if a train is stopped, it can move unexpectedly. It is never safe to be on or near a stopped train.
• If a car is on the tracks, a train cannot swerve to avoid it. If your car is stuck or stalled, get out of the car and move away from the tracks.
• Heed warning signs around railroad tracks. If you see a gate come down or red lights flashing, you need to stop. Even if you don’t see or hear a train, one is coming. Never try to “beat” a train.
• If you encounter a problem at a railroad crossing, look for the blue sign. It has an emergency phone number and a numerical code to identify the specific location.
For more safety tips, visit Operation Lifesaver’s website, oli.org.
Eastbound State Hwy. 114 to Close Saturday Night East of Texan Trail
March 8, 2018
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS – The eastbound lanes of State Highway 114 east of Texan Trail will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 10, and will reopen at 5 a.m. Sunday, March 11, while construction continues on the new TEXRail train bridge from Grapevine into Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. During that time, concrete beams will be placed on the new pillars for the bridge.
This is the first closure needed for installing beams and constructing the 1,400-foot-long bridge over the next couple months. The new bridge will have one track for TEXRail and is being built with the ability for a second set of tracks to be installed.
Additionally, eastbound State Highway 114 (connector ramp) frontage road between Texan Trail and International Parkway will be closed between 8 p.m. Monday, March 12, and 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 13.
Detours will be:
- From State Highway 121 northbound – vehicles will be directed to exit at the Main Street / Texan Trail exit. Vehicles will continue down the frontage road past Texan Trail and will be able to enter State Highway 114 again prior to International Parkway.
- From State Highway 114 southbound – vehicles will be directed to exit at the Texan Trail exit. Vehicles will continue down the frontage road past Texan Trail and will be able to enter State Highway 114 again prior to International Parkway.
DBE Newsletter – December 2017
Smithfield Station N. Richland Hills
Construction work begins in North Richland Hills for the new TEXRail Smithfield Train Station.
State Hwy. 114 Bridge Grapevine
Construction work begins in Grapevine, Texas on the new TEXRail train track.
TEXRail Train Delivery
TEXRail train delivery and unloading in Grapevine, Texas
Choctaw Sub Overpass Haltom City
TEXRail construction work begins on the Choctaw Sub Overpass in Haltom City, Texas.